The NaNu NaNu Challenge

For those that don’t know, November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNuWriMo). Since it took me about two months to write my first post and another month to write my second post, I don’t think I’m quite ready to write 50,000 words in 30 days. However, I have decided to challenge myself to write more.

November is going to be the NaNuNaNu challenge here on Gofahne Road. It doesn’t stand for anything. It just so happens that every time Shine told me about NaNoWriMo, I couldn’t understand what it was or what she was rambling. So I thought of Mork, renamed it NaNuNaNu, and then decided to make it the name of my own personal challenge.




Here are the rules (you know, for accountability and ragging if I don’t make it):

1 – I can’t write the entry more than 2 days in advance of the publish date.

2 – I have to post one entry per day for 30 days.

3 – I have to write a minimum of 167 words per day (10% of NaNoWriMo and basically because I needed a small number I could commit to writing on the days when I have absolutely NO creativity).

4 – I have to write something, anything every day.

5 – Hopefully I will learn something or be able to laugh about something by the end of this little experiment.

Who knows if anything will change after I complete this little challenge, but at the very least I will have more experience writing and my friends can stop telling me I don’t post enough (fine they’re right, but still). The only way to assure nothing will change is to do nothing. So, wish me luck and I’m off to ramble write!

4 comments:

shine said...

I do NOT ramble. Thankyouverymuch.

Christie said...

You can do it!Way to start out the new month with so much ambition.

Graygrrrl said...

I think this is a great challenge! You just got to get into the rythm of things!

Jen H. said...

Get it girl! I do NaBloPoMo...and I'm cheating because I make my own rules! (It is spose to be a post-a-day; I do 30 posts in 30 days=lol) You se, in my world, I can make my own rules-clearly!

Post a Comment